Maoists warn JMM against supporting trust voteJuly 20th, 2008 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, July 20 (IANS) The banned Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) have called for a shutdown Tuesday to oppose the India-US nuclear deal and threatened the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha not to support the Manmohan Singh government when it seeks the trust vote in parliament. The CPI-Maoist regional committee issued a press release Sunday saying the nuclear deal is against the India’s interests. “By sealing the deal, the Indian government is inviting the United States to play a bigger role in the sub-continent,” it said.
The Maoists have also put up posters in some parts of the Ghatshila block of Jamshedpur district against the nuclear deal. The police seized the posters and destroyed them.
“We have seized posters and pamphlets in bordering areas of Jharkhand and Orissa,” said a police official.
He said: “Maoists are trying to garner support of the people by opposing the nuclear deal.”
CPI-Maoists have threatened the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha not to support the trust vote in parliament.
The Maoist rebels have warned that the JMM MPs will meet a fate similar to what their MP Sunil Mahto met last year. Mahto, a JMM Lok Sabha MP from Jamshedpur, was killed by the rebels in March last year.
The outlawed group has also expressed concern about reports of horse-trading to garner support in parliament.
“JMM chief Shibu Soren will be exposed among the public. Soren is trying to deceive the tribal people,” says a poster put up by the rebels.
- JMM legislators live in fear of Maoist retaliation - Apr 21, 2010
- BJP refutes JMM's power rotation claim - Jul 09, 2011
- JMM tight-lipped over fresh row in 1993 bribery case - Sep 13, 2011
- Cash-for-vote issue surfaces in Jharkhand assembly - Mar 19, 2011
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Kishenji's death not good for country: Shibu Soren - Dec 02, 2011
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011
- JMM fields Saneev Kumar for Rajya Sabha - Apr 17, 2012
- Jharkand legislator dies of heart attack - Sep 27, 2011
- Soren rejects Munda's plea, JMM joins Jamshedpur by-poll (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoists call for strike against n-deal Tuesday, alert in Jharkhand - Jul 21, 2008
- JMM to contest Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat - Apr 01, 2011
- Resentment in JMM over Rajya Sabha candidate - Apr 18, 2012
- JMM, Congress face dissention over by-poll - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: communist party of india, CPI, horse trading, indian government, jharkhand, jmm mps, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, maoist, maoist rebels, maoists, nuclear deal, orissa, pamphlets, police official, regional committee, shibu soren, sunil mahto, trust vote