Maoists own responsibility for Nov 2 blastNovember 8th, 2008 - 1:21 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 7 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Maoist Friday night owned up responsibility for the Nov 2 landmine blast in West Midnapore district and said that West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee was the target. In a press release signed by its general secretary Kanchan, the guerrilla outfit said it had triggered the blast “with the active cooperation of the people”.
The release said the People’s Liberation Guerilla Army organised the explosion and threatened that “the future will see more of such acts”.
“The government cannot prevent such attacks by providing Z plus category security to anybody,” Kanchan claimed.
Union ministers Ram Vilas Paswan and Jitin Prasada and Bhattacharjee had a close shave as the blast hit their convoy when they were returning after the groundbreaking ceremony of the JSW Bengal steel project at Salboni.
Bhattacharjee was the only leader with Z plus security among the VVIPs in the programme.
The Maosits claimed they were opposed to the policies of the “fascist” state government, which was “causing great harm” to the farmers by the way it was going for big industries like the JSW project.
“Our fight will be on,” Kanchan added.
- Bhattacharjee assures JSW of security for Salboni plant - Feb 08, 2010
- Seven West Bengal police officials served notices for security lapses - Nov 05, 2008
- West Bengal chief minister's security increased - Nov 04, 2008
- Landmine blast was administrative failure: Paswan - Nov 18, 2008
- Five held for landmine ambush of West Bengal chief minister - Nov 06, 2008
- JSW Steel not worried over Salboni's security scenario - Nov 11, 2008
- West Bengal tribals protest police harassment (Lead) - Nov 13, 2008
- PM, Sonia, Patil call up Buddha over blast - Nov 04, 2008
- Protesters alleging torture lay siege on West Bengal police station - Nov 08, 2008
- CPI-M alleges involvement of outsiders in tribal unrest - Nov 18, 2008
- West Bengal police begin probe into landmine blast - Nov 03, 2008
- Pro-Maoist leader makes things tough for CPI-M - May 06, 2011
- JSW Steel to start Salboni project by fiscal-end - Jul 27, 2010
- Top Maoist leaders arrested in West Bengal (Second Lead) - Dec 04, 2010
- Manmohan assures Paswan of enhanced security after landmine blast - Nov 03, 2008