Maoists murder two tribals in ChhattisgarhMay 21st, 2008 - 10:11 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, May 21 (IANS) Maoist guerrillas killed two tribals, employed as special police officers (SPOs) by the government, in the southern region of Chhattisgarh, the police said Wednesday. “Two bodies were found at a roadside in a forested stretch in Narayanpur district Wednesday morning. Maoists probably killed them overnight and dumped their bodies early morning,” Pawan Deo, deputy inspector general of Kanker range, told IANS by phone.
He said the SPOs, both in their mid-twenties, were found with their throats slit.
The Chhattisgarh government has recruited nearly 4,500 youths in the Bastar region as SPOs at a monthly remuneration of Rs.1,500 to team up with the police and para-military troopers to fight the Maoists.
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to bolster anti-Maoist forces - Jan 10, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to absorb SPOs in police - Jul 22, 2011
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Maoists kill five security men in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- Three cops, two civilians killed in Maoist violence - Jun 24, 2010
- Chhattisgarh cop killed in Maoist attack - Sep 16, 2011
- Six women Maoists held for Chhattisgarh ambush - Sep 08, 2010
- Two Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Jan 13, 2012
- 25 kg landmine defused in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- Chhattisgarh begins disarming Salwa Judum - Jul 06, 2011
- Tribal killed by Maoists - Aug 11, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoists ambush security patrol in Chhattisgarh, kill five (Night Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011