Maoists kill cop, civilian in ChhattisgarhJune 24th, 2012 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 24 (IANS) In stepped up violence, Maoists killed a civilian in violence-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh while they hacked to death a police constable in Rajnandgaon district Sunday, police said.
Police found a dead body of a tribal, Marvijoga, in Arlampalli village in Sukma, some 500 km south from Raipur.
Local police say that roughly 20 Maoists stormed into his house Saturday night and took him away in a nearby forested area where they beat him to death on charges of spying for police and revealing vital information about activities of local Maoists.
The killing has created scare among Arlampalli villagers.
In a separate incident, Maoists hacked to death a newly recruited constable in Manpur area in Rajnandgaon in western parts of the state.
- Maoists kill trader on charges of spying - Mar 21, 2011
- Maoists' shutdown call hits life in Chhattisgarh - Jul 30, 2012
- Maoists kill six civilians in Chhattisgarh - May 16, 2010
- Police clueless on CRPF trooper's killing - Mar 23, 2012
- Maoists kill civilian on spying charge - Apr 09, 2012
- Maoists kill Salwa Judum cadre in Chhattisgarh - Sep 06, 2010
- Mob kills cop who goes on killing spree - Aug 25, 2010
- Three ITBP men killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - Oct 08, 2010
- Maoists block highway, damage rail track in Chhattisgarh - Dec 05, 2011
- Mob hacks cop to death for killing civilians (Lead) - Aug 26, 2010
- Five troopers killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - May 18, 2011
- Sukma collector safe, say mediators after meeting Maoists - Apr 29, 2012
- Six civilians, two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh violence (Second Lead) - May 16, 2010
- Maoists slaughter six civilians in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 16, 2010
- Maoist strike cripples Chhattisgarh, 8 cops injured (Lead) - May 17, 2012