Maoists blow up Jharkhand panchayat buildingFebruary 28th, 2009 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 28 (IANS) Suspected Maoist guerrillas blew up a panchayat community building in Jharkhand, the police said Saturday.
According to the police, more than 30 activists of the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) Friday night blew up the building in Mahdand village of Palamau district, around 190 km from here, by using detonators.
No one was injured in the incident.
Panchayat community buildings are used for meetings of village level elected representatives.
In another incident, Maoist rebels blew up a government building in Lathear district.
The CPI-Maoist had called a strike Saturday in Bihar, Jharkhand and Orissa to protest against the arrest of four of their central committee members. The strike affected life in the rural areas of the state. Long-distance buses also did not ply.
Due to the strike the Jharkhand Academic Council postponed the 10th and 12 class board examinations Saturday.
- Maoists blast rail tracks, school in Jharkhand - Nov 29, 2009
- Maoists blow up school in Chhattisgarh minister's village - Dec 13, 2011
- Maoist trigger blasts to protest Obama visit - Nov 08, 2010
- Maoists blast rail tracks, school, to enforce Jharkhand shutdown (Lead) - Nov 29, 2009
- Maoists blow up rail tracks, school building in Jharkhand (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2010
- Five Maoists held in Jharkhand - Jan 19, 2011
- Maoists blow up BJP supporter's house in Jharkhand - Dec 05, 2009
- Maoists blow up railway track, blast phone tower in Jharkhand - Aug 24, 2009
- Three killed as rival Maoist groups clash - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoists blow up rail tracks in Jharkhand - Feb 09, 2010
- Close shave for Rajdhani Express as Maoists blow up railway track (Lead) - Aug 24, 2009
- Two Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 14, 2011
- Maoist strike cripples Chhattisgarh, 8 cops injured (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Maoist shutdown hits road services in Jharkhand - Mar 13, 2011
- Maoist strike affects buses, rail services in Jharkhand - May 19, 2010
Tags: activists, bihar, blow up, board examinations, buses, central committee members, communist party of india, community buildings, CPI, friday night, guerrillas, jharkhand academic council, long distance, maoist, maoists, orissa, rebels, rural areas