Maoist group salutes tricolour, policemen killed in Mumbai 26/11January 28th, 2009 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 28 (IANS) When different Maoist groups in Jharkhand boycotted the Republic Day celebrations and hoisted black flags, a smaller Maoist group saluted the tricolour and paid tribute to policemen killed in the Mumbai terror attack. Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC), a Maoist group active in five districts of Jharkhand has issued photographs and a statement saying that they paid tributes to the policemen killed in the Mumbai terror attack and hoisted the tricolour and also sang the national anthem.
The flag hoisting ceremony took place on the Republic Day in bordering jungle area of Latehar and Palamau districts of the state.
Around 20 members of the red squad of TPC gathered and hoisted the tricolour.
The main Maoist organization, Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) had given a boycott call in the state on the Republic Day.
According to police sources, the CPI-Maoist members hoisted black flags in various parts of Jharkhand to lodge their protest against government policies.
Earlier, another Maoist group, Sangarsh Jan Mukti Morcha had paid tributes to the policemen killed in the Mumbai terror attack.
Maoist rebels are active in 18 of the 24 districts of Jharkhand. In the last eight years, more than 1,450 people have been killed in Maoist related violence.
- Three killed as rival Maoist groups clash - Aug 29, 2010
- Jharkhand children hoist tricolour despite blast by Maoists (Lead) - Jan 26, 2011
- Two Maoists arrested - Feb 09, 2012
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Nov 13, 2010
- Maoist court sentences two to death in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2011
- One Maoist killed, two held in Jharkhand - Sep 17, 2010
- Six Jharkhand villagers abducted in Maoist rivalry - Mar 17, 2009
- BJP leader, labourer killed by Maoists (Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
- Four Maoists arrested in Jharkhand (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Maoists target two schools in Jharkhand on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Eight abducted by Maoists in Jharkhand - Mar 20, 2009
- Policeman killed in gunfight with Maoists - Sep 25, 2010
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Jan 02, 2011
- Shun violence, Jharkhand governor tells Maoists - Jan 26, 2012
- BJP leader shot dead by Maoists in Jharkhand - Aug 05, 2010
Tags: black flags, boycott, celebrations, ceremony took place, communist party of india, CPI, government policies, jan 28, jharkhand, jungle area, maoist, maoist rebels, mukti, national anthem, police sources, policemen, republic day, statement saying that, terror attack, tributes