Manson family follower - Leslie Van Houten going to face the parole board for the 19th timeJuly 6th, 2010 - 11:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, July 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A follower of the Manson family – Leslie Van Houten is all set to face the parole board for the 19th time. She is serving a life sentence for murder, and has been placed behind bars for more than three decades.
She is presently lodged at the California Institute for Women, after her conviction in 1978. There are reports that the Manson family members were stabbing Rosemary LaBianca then she was the one who had helped to keep her down. It was with her help that the Charles Manson family was able to murder Rosemary LaBianca and her husband Leno LaBianca in 1969. Later Leslie had herself confessed that she had also stabbed Rosemary 16 times.
Leslie said on Larry King Live’s show in 2002 that, “The autopsy reports have shown that it was Tex (Charles “Tex” Watson) that wielded the fatal wounds, but I contributed, and I attempted to hold her down for Pat (Krenwinkel). I called to Tex because we couldn’t kill her. You know, it’s — morally, I feel as though I did.”
Later Leslie Van Houten, Manson, Krenwinkel, and Susan Atkins were convicted of murder and were sentenced to death too.
- Charles Manson Follower Leslie Van Houten To Have 19th Parole Hearing - Jul 07, 2010
- Patricia Krenwinkel Denied Parole Even After 40 Years - Jan 22, 2011
- Parole Board Denies Parole To Leslie Van Houten Again - Jul 07, 2010
- Susan Atkins Denied Parole For 18th Time - Sep 03, 2009
- Leslie Van Houten Appeals For Parole For The 19th Time - Jul 06, 2010
- Ryan Kwanten Bags The Role Of Charles Manson In His Biopic - Oct 28, 2010
- Former Playboy Playmate 'used gun from Polanski in attempted murder' - Dec 14, 2010
- Actor Ryan Kwanten has been chosen to play the lead in the Charles Manson biopic - Oct 28, 2010
- Ryan Kwanten To Play The Lead Role In Charles Manson Biopic - Oct 28, 2010
- Linda Kasabian Reaccounts The Horrors Of The Manson Family Crimes - Sep 08, 2009
- Presidential assassin Lynette Alice "Squeaky" Fromme released from prison - Aug 14, 2009
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- Woman freed after 33-year jail for assassination plot - Aug 15, 2009
- Crime victim's kin sore over Manu Sharma's parole - Nov 16, 2011
- Shivani murder: Court seeks police reply on parole plea (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: autopsy reports, california institute, charles manson family, charles tex watson, conviction, follower, larry king, larry king live, leslie van houten, life sentence, manson family members, more than three decades, parole board, pat krenwinkel, rosemary labianca, susan atkins, wounds