Manscapingthe latest in thing for menMarch 16th, 2009 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 16 (ANI): Facials and waxing are no longer limited to women, for men are also indulging in the treatments with gusto.
The trend for men to experiment with creams and lotions has even given rise to a new word: Manscaping.
Cleansers and moisturisers are now as important for men as a razor and shaving cream.
Construction project manager Russell Thompson goes for facials and massages every four to six weeks.
“It has paid off,” the Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying.
“I think people guess my age as younger than I am. I go to the beach a lot and work outside so my skin gets quite fried, so it seems to offset that,” he added.
Paul Anderson Mankind, from Surry Hills salon specialising in male skincare, serves about 500 male customers a month.
“The people that come in here don”t see it as a luxury. They see it more as a necessity,” Anderson said.
The clientele range from proud metrosexuals to train drivers to landscapers.
“We have train drivers, landscapers, a chippie. We”ve even had a few guys who were working on a nearby construction site,” he said.
“When we started it was the corporate types who came but as we”ve gone along it’’s been really across the board,” Anderson added.
With specialist websites like Himage.com.au offering male-grooming supplies, more and more men are embracing beauty products.
“We see the guy buy the shave product, then he comes back two months later and buys the cleanser, said former accountant Chris Cassar, who developed the website.
They gradually get into it. We think a lot of Australia right now is still at that early stage,” he added. (ANI)
- Indian men chase fairness creams - and create a growing market - May 25, 2010
- The latest beauty bug Down Under manscaping! - Oct 12, 2008
- 'Manscaping', the latest buzz for metrosexuals - Dec 13, 2009
- Chinese youth turn metrosexual - Nov 20, 2011
- Hotel is first in Australia to offer women's only floor - Mar 21, 2011
- Keep smiling to look young - Nov 11, 2011
- Tom Cruise 'steals wife Katie Holmes' make-up' to look youthful - Dec 03, 2010
- New affordable range of Shahnaz Husain products - Jul 28, 2010
- Philips launches bodygroom product for men - Jul 20, 2012
- Hairy chests are out: Clean-shaven torsos in - Jul 18, 2012
- Now, Archana Kochhar designs for metrosexual men (With Image) - Apr 05, 2012
- Women prefer men with hairy chests, beer belly to metrosexuals - Aug 05, 2009
- Arjun Rampal shaves with 150 people to attempt world record - Mar 11, 2011
- Australian men becoming 'too soft' - Sep 05, 2010
- Brit women queuing up to buy 'sleep in a bottle' cream used by Kylie, J.Lo - Apr 05, 2010
Tags: cassar, chippie, clientele range, construction project manager, construction site, daily telegraph, facials, grooming supplies, landscapers, lotions, male customers, massages, metrosexuals, moisturisers, paul anderson, russell thompson, shaving cream, specialist websites, surry hills, waxing