Man’s nose, ears bitten off in BritainAugust 25th, 2011 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 25 (IANS) A man in Britain had his nose, ears and lip bitten off after he was attacked outside a nightclub.
The 31-year old victim had been enjoying a night out with friends when he was assaulted. The incident occurred in Liverpool city centre last Saturday, Daily Mail reported.
The reveller lost part of both of his ears, upper lip and part of his nose.
Describing CCTV footage of the attack, PC Stuart Moore told Liverpool City Council’s licensing committee: “It is horrific, sickening and it is almost barbaric, what takes place.”
Merseyside Police said the victim, from the Wavertree area of Liverpool, is still recovering at hospital and is expected to undergo reconstructive surgery.
Meanwhile, a Laurence Richard McGinn, 28, of Sherry Court, Aigburth, Liverpool, was charged with Section 18 wounding and remanded in custody to appear at Liverpool Crown Court November 28.
A 27-year-old man from Toxteth, was also arrested in connection with the assault. Heis on police bail pending further inquiries.
- U.S. governor's Billy the Kid pardon proposal sparks fury - Dec 24, 2010
- Woman jailed for biting man's ear - Mar 27, 2012
- Rat attack on patient: Action against two hospital employees - Jan 12, 2012
- Pakistani who chopped off wife's nose held - Oct 25, 2011
- Second case of rats mutilation in Rajasthan - Jan 14, 2012
- Homeless sleeping in bin crushed to death - Sep 07, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow 'thinks English men are too apologetic' - Mar 12, 2011
- Britain's first gay civil marriage - Jun 11, 2012
- Fiance of US woman better, could be released Sunday - May 19, 2012
- People watch as goons kill man on street (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- A beautiful life melted away in an acid attack (With Images) - Jul 13, 2012
- British police release CCTV footage of rioters - Aug 11, 2011
- Oz man arrested for 'sexually assaulting teenage boys' - Jan 04, 2011
- Briton burnt alive 'for being gay' - Oct 24, 2011
- 358 leeches used to reconstruct woman's face - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: britain london, crown court, daily mail, ears, heis, inquiries, last saturday, licensing committee, liverpool city centre, liverpool city council, old man, reconstructive surgery, reveller, richard mcginn, sherry court, upper lip