Manmohan to meet Chinese, Pakistan presidents (Lead)June 15th, 2009 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Yekaterinburg (Russia), June 15 (IANS) Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who arrived in the Russian city of Yekaterinburg Monday night, will be meeting four heads of state, including Chinese President Hu Jintao and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, on the sidelines of the two multilateral summits here.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will attend the first BRIC summit of Brazil, Russia, India and China and the summit of the six-nation Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) here.
He will also be meeting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari Tuesday, in the first high-level contact between India and Pakistan since the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
He is meeting the Chinese president Monday night during which the two will hold talks on the boundary dispute. He is also slated to meet Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev for bilateral talks.
Manmohan Singh may also meet Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who just won a second term in office.
- Zardari, Ahmadinejad reach China for Shanghai summit - Jun 05, 2012
- Manmohan Singh heads home after attending Russia summits - Jun 17, 2009
- Manmohan Singh's Russian menu: two summits, four bilateral meets - Jun 16, 2009
- Manmohan arrives in Russia, set for Zardari meeting Tuesday - Jun 15, 2009
- Manmohan arrives in Kazakhstan - Apr 15, 2011
- Manmohan off to China, Kazakhstan - Apr 11, 2011
- Manmohan calls for defeating terrorism, pushes reform of global bodies - Jun 16, 2009
- Take credible action against terror, Manmohan to tell Zardari (Lead) - Jun 16, 2009
- Krishna, in 'holding room', with Zardari at Beijing - Jun 06, 2012
- Booked for BRICS: busy Thursday for Manmohan - Mar 28, 2012
- BRICS leaders issue Sanya Declaration - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan wants full SCO membership - Jun 06, 2012
- PM leaves for US, Brazil - Apr 10, 2010
- Medvedev heads off for Seoul, Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- Russia backs India for SCO member - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: asif ali zardari, boundary dispute, chinese president hu jintao, dmitry medvedev, hu jintao, india and pakistan, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, mahmoud ahmadinejad, manmohan singh, nursultan nazarbayev, president hu jintao, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, president nursultan nazarbayev, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, shanghai cooperation organisation, yekaterinburg russia