Manmohan Singh meets Myanmar President Thein SeinMay 28th, 2012 - 11:11 am ICT by IANS
Nay Pyi Taw, May 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday met Myanmar President Thein Sein at the 100-room presidential palace here.
Manmohan Singh, who was accorded an impressive guard of honour in this new Myanmar capital, held talks with Thein Sein, a former general who has introduced dramatic reforms in the country.
“We will consider new initiatives and define a roadmap for the further development of our cooperation in the years ahead,” the prime minister had said before leaving for Myanmar Sunday.
He said he would focus on trade and investment, development of border areas and improving connectivity among other things in his talks with Myanmar leaders.
The prime minister is accompanied by his wife Gursharan Kaur, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna and senior officials.
Improving regional connectivity and expanding bilateral trade are the highlights of the visit.
(Rahul Dass can be contacted at email@example.com)
- PM holds talks with Myanmar President Thein Sein (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Manmohan arrives in Myanmar: First Indian PM to visit in 25 years (Second Lead) - May 27, 2012
- India eyes trade, connectivity during PM's Myanmar visit - May 25, 2012
- PM arrives in Myanmar - May 27, 2012
- PM to Thein Sein: India, Myanmar on new journey of cooperation (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Manmohan, Thein Sein embark on 'new journey' (Third Lead) - May 28, 2012
- India, Myanmar to be better connected, have more trade (Fourth Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Manmohan Singh in Myanmar: An Indian PM's visit after 25 years (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- PM's Myanmar agenda: Imphal-Mandalay bus link, trade (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Ahead of PM's visit India-Myanmar bus cleared - May 24, 2012
- Trade, connectivity top PM's Myanmar agenda - May 24, 2012
- PM to deepen ties with Myanmar (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Doing trade, driving down to Myanmar just got easier - May 30, 2012
- PM leaves for Myanmar - May 27, 2012
- Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar's expansive, surreal capital (With image) - May 28, 2012
Tags: bilateral trade, border areas, cooperation, dramatic reforms, external affairs minister, further development, guard of honour, initiatives, investment development, krishna, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, regional connectivity, roadmap, senior officials