Manmohan leaves for South Africa to attend IBSA SummitNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:21 am ICT by admin
Singh was given a ceremonial send off at the state house by Nigerian President Yar`adua.
At the India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) Summit in Pretoria, Singh, South African President Thabo Mbeki and Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva would be looking at ways to make the relationship among the three countries more “tangible”.
Besides deepening South-South cooperation through concrete projects and programmes in key areas of trilateral cooperation, the meeting is expected to provide an opportunity to the leaders to coordinate joint positions on issues of global importance.
The meeting is likely to come out with a joint declaration and Memoranda of Understanding and agreements on public administration, higher education, health and medicines, social development, cultural cooperation and energy.
The Prime Minister will also hold bilateral meetings with leaders of South Africa and Brazil, both members of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
This is Singh`s second visit to South Africa in a year. He had earlier visited the country for the centenary celebrations of `Satyagraha`. (ANI with inputs)
- Manmohan Singh leaves for Brazil - Apr 14, 2010
- IBSA agrees to focus efforts on implementation of their initiatives: PM - Apr 16, 2010
- PM's statement on IBSA Summit Tuesday - Oct 16, 2011
- Manmohan returns after IBSA summit - Oct 20, 2011
- India sees trade with South Africa, Brazil soon topping $25 bn - Oct 17, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to attend two summits in Brazilian capital - Apr 14, 2010
- Nigeria's absentee president returns home - Feb 25, 2010
- President condoles death of Nigerian president - May 06, 2010
- India-Brazil joint commission meet Dec 11-13 - Dec 08, 2011
- India, Brazil hold 'candid' defence talks - Feb 06, 2012
- India may seek common ground at IBSA on Af-Pak - Oct 17, 2011
- IBSA ministers to meet Tuesday - Mar 07, 2011
- PM heads back after IBSA Summit in Pretoria - Oct 19, 2011
- IBSA has entered period of consolidation, must focus on new intiatives: PM - Apr 16, 2010
- PM leaves for IBSA summit, focus on global economy - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: abuja nigeria, brazil, brazilian president, centenary celebrations, cultural cooperation, ibsa, luiz inacio lula, luiz inacio lula da silva, lula da silva, nigerian president, president thabo mbeki, prime minister manmohan singh, satyagraha, south africa, south african president, south cooperation, summit, trilateral cooperation, yar adua