Mangla Dam displaced yet to be rehabilitatedNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
There was a time when locals thought the dam would be of benefit to them, especially when plans were announced to construct a bridge between Rrathoa and Chak Heryaam to reduce the journey.
Work on this bridge started and people settled in Mirpur, Khaliqabad Dadyal, Chaksowari, Islamgarh, Kakra Town, Kas Gumma and Kotli appeared to be happy.
Much to their disappointment, the construction work has now been suspended.
A plea has gone out to the concerned authorities to resume work without delay, but this has fallen on deaf ears. (ANI)
- Pakistan will continue to raise Kashmir issue: Gilani - Oct 14, 2011
- Pakistanis to witness increased power outages - Mar 10, 2012
- Raman Singh sees dam built by villagers - Apr 24, 2011
- Fond memories abound as Zero Bridge dismantled - Apr 04, 2012
- Himachal raises objections to Renuka dam project - Jun 16, 2012
- As Tehri waters rise, green activist warns of bigger dangers - Sep 20, 2010
- Don't recruit kids: Malik tells Taliban - Nov 20, 2011
- Electricity from India will ease power crisis: Pakistani PM - Feb 01, 2012
- Punjab villagers demand construction of bridge over Sutlej River - Mar 18, 2010
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- 105 years after quake, Himachal temple rebuilt - Jan 06, 2012
- Jammu, the refugee city of India (Part-I) - May 03, 2011
- Million dollar bridge collapses before its opening - Feb 17, 2011
- Uttarakhand villagers construct check dam to conserve water - Apr 09, 2011
- Sand mafia kingpin arrested - Mar 11, 2012