Manga ‘Mein Kampf’ gives Hitler a wider audience in JapanOctober 1st, 2009 - 12:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 1 (ANI): Comic version of Adolf Hitler’s notorious political tract Mein Kampf has become a hit in Japan.
The manga book is a part autobiography and part Hitler’s fascist manifesto. It describes the two sections in the unlikely form of easy-to-read comic pictures and captions, reports The Telegraph.
Since it was published in Japan last November, its popularity has soared, with sales of more than 45,000.
The manga version of “Mein Kampf” tells the story of Hitler’s upbringing, his decision to create the Nazi Party and his motivation for writing the book. It also includes depictions of his infamous anti-Semitic pronouncements.
The release, however, has fuelled concerns in Germany, where the book remains banned more than 60 years after Hitler (1889-1945) led the country to catastrophic defeat in World War II.
But Manga enjoys a soaring popularity in Japan, with its most high-profile fans including the former prime minister Taro Aso. (ANI)
- German court bans 'Mein Kampf' excerpts - Jan 26, 2012
- Hitler's signed autobiography to go on sale - Apr 11, 2011
- Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' to be republished in Germany - Feb 04, 2010
- 30000 pounds for rare copy of Mein Kampf signed by Hitler - Apr 11, 2011
- Hitler's heroic exploits in World War I 'were a Nazi propaganda myth' - Mar 14, 2011
- Russia bans Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' - Mar 26, 2010
- Photo of Adolf Hitler's lover Eva Braun dressed as black man emerges - Mar 11, 2011
- Mussolini thought he was more racist than 'sentimentalist' Hitler - Nov 17, 2009
- Hitler once worshipped as Vishnu in elite Kolkata homes: Historian - Jun 07, 2010
- Remove 'Hitler' from the show's title, Zee TV told - Nov 24, 2011
- Hitler's Viagra made from semen, young bulls - Feb 06, 2010
- People find Italian 'Hitler' wine bottles offensive - Aug 09, 2012
- Das Kapital soon to be launched in Japanese manga comic version - Nov 18, 2008
- 'Judaism' most popular religion in the US - Dec 25, 2010
- John Galliano's Paris Fashion Week show scrapped - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: adolf hitler, autobiography, captions, comic version, fascist manifesto, former prime minister, high profile, last november, manga book, manga version, mein kampf, motivation, nazi party, political tract, pronouncements, story of hitler, taro aso, telegraph, upbringing, world war ii