Manchester United sign five-year deal with AirtelMay 8th, 2009 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Manchester, May 8 (IANS) Indian telecom major Airtel Friday signed a five-year telecom partnership deal with top English premiership club Manchester United.
The deal was announced by club chief executive David Gill at Old Trafford and Airtel’s deputy chief executive Sanjay Kapoor in the presence of manager Alex Ferguson, Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez.
“Manchester United is delighted to announce the partnership with Bharti Airtel, India’s largest telecommunications company and one of Asia’s emerging global brands. It demonstrates the enduring strength of the club internationally. This partnership will bring the action and passion of Manchester United directly to the millions of fans across India and other Asian countries,” Gill said.
With the deal, Airtel customers across India, Sri Lanka and the Seychelles will get exclusive access to rich football content of Manchester United on Airtel mobile phones.
Airtel users will also get an opportunity to participate in the Manchester United Soccer Schools program, and to watch football matches at Old Trafford and travel to Europe to watch Manchester United play the UEFA Champions League.
“We are very excited to partner with Manchester United, a powerful global brand with huge following across the world and in India,” Kapoor said in a statement in Delhi.
“Football is definitely seeing a growing interest amongst the young population in India. Therefore, we are making a pioneering effort to bring to them rich football content on their mobiles, a fantastic opportunity to be part of the world’s leading football club through participation in soccer schools, and also an opportunity to watch football matches across Europe,” he said.
- Trash Tevez t-shirt campaign brings together United and City fans - Oct 20, 2011
- Bharti Airtel to acquire Telecom Seychelles for $62 million - Aug 11, 2010
- Airtel, Manchester United go scouting for talent - Jun 26, 2012
- Bharti Airtel to sponsor Indian F1 - Aug 18, 2011
- Airtel Nigeria most innovative company of the year - Sep 10, 2012
- Chettri to go club hunting after July - Jun 26, 2012
- European clubs sell dreams to Indian footballers - May 08, 2011
- Airtel unveils 4G service in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- IBM to manage Bharti Airtel's IT operations in Africa - Sep 17, 2010
- Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segment - May 27, 2012
- City's Mancini says Rooney's exit could end Man U's two-decade domination - Oct 21, 2010
- Liverpool opens football academy in India - Aug 24, 2011
- Spain, Germany favourites for Euro: Dwight Yorke - Jun 26, 2012
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- Bharti Airtel expands service agreement with Ericsson - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, bharti airtel india, carlos tevez manchester united, club chief, club manchester united, david gill, deputy chief executive, english premiership, indian telecom, manager alex ferguson, manchester united soccer, old trafford, partnership deal, premiership club, sanjay kapoor, soccer schools, telecom partnership, tevez manchester united, uefa champions league, wayne rooney