Man who took a woman hostage at airport detainedFebruary 20th, 2009 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chengdu (China), Feb 20 (Xinhua) A man who used a sport’s starting pistol to take hostage a woman at China’s Chengdu airport has been detained, the police said Friday.
The incident took place near the security counter, when the man fired two shots into the air with the starting pistol and grabbed the woman and rushed to the security channel.
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport police and security guards quickly overpowered the man and freed the woman, who wasn’t injured.
The police said Jiang Jun, 23, bought the starting pistol and blanks online. The pistol contained three blanks when it was seized.
The police said they were questioning Jiang and were yet to establish if he knew the woman.
- Chinese hostage-taker shot dead - Jul 20, 2012
- 100 students suffer food poisoning on China campus - Apr 19, 2012
- Man held for bomb hoax in China - May 01, 2012
- Rioters attack Chinese police station, 4 killed - Jul 18, 2011
- Los Angeles International Airport evacuated because of security threat - Jun 20, 2010
- Man assaults parliament security staff, detained - Nov 24, 2011
- Drunk CISF jawan opens fire, injures six - May 25, 2011
- Chinese squirts glue on women's hair - Jul 23, 2012
- Chinese who took girl hostage shot dead - Aug 11, 2012
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Plane hijacking attempt foiled in China - Jun 29, 2012
- Arms seized in Assam, three arrested - Mar 27, 2012
- 24 militants killed in Afghanistan - Oct 22, 2011
- Criminal wanted in 17 cases arrested - Mar 16, 2011
- Pak warned Osama before US raids: Wikileaks - May 03, 2011