Man tries to poison wife’s lover, kills own father insteadMay 28th, 2009 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
Phnom Penh, May 28 (DPA) A Cambodian man accidentally killed his father while trying to poison his wife’s lover with a tainted bottle of alcohol, national media reported Thursday.
Police said Chhouy Chhim gave the poisoned alcohol as a gift to Chan Sarith, who he accused of having an affair with his wife, the Cambodia Daily reported.
But Chan Sarith shared the bottle with Chhouy Chhim’s father, who later died in hospital.
Three other men were hospitalised after tasting the deadly drink.
Police said Chhouy Chhim was being held for questioning and his wife planned to file for divorce.
- Indian trade promotion office opens in Cambodia - Sep 02, 2012
- Cambodia Stampede Claims 345 Lives, Leaves Hundreds Injured - Nov 23, 2010
- Thailand denies using chemical weapons against Cambodia - Apr 24, 2011
- Man kills five relatives in Cambodia - Aug 20, 2010
- India to set up chair for Buddhist studies in Cambodia - Jul 04, 2011
- 130 workers faint in Cambodia - Oct 25, 2011
- Vulture population rising in Cambodia - Jun 26, 2012
- Indian envoy seeks direct flights to Cambodia - Jul 24, 2012
- Swiss man jailed in Cambodia for child sex - Sep 14, 2012
- Air France becomes first European airline to offer flights to Cambodia - Mar 31, 2011
- Close ASEAN cooperation urged to promote growth (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- 56 Cambodian kids die of unknown disease - Jul 07, 2012
- Fabio Cannavaro to help Cambodia promote football - Jan 09, 2012
- Go shrine seeing, prison strolling in Cambodia - Sep 13, 2011
- President Patil receives traditional welcome in Cambodia - Sep 14, 2010