Man trapped under sofa for 21/2 days survives by drinking whisky!January 26th, 2009 - 6:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 26 (ANI): A man who was trapped under his sofa for two-and-a-half days survived by sipping on a bottle of whisky.
Joe Galliott from Yeovil, Somerset tripped over a phone cord during a power cut and landed on the sofa, which then toppled over him.
Divorcee Joe, who has a severe back problem, lay face down for 60 hours before he was rescued.
He had no food or water but could only reach for a bottle of whisky that also fell during the incident.
“I tripped in the darkness and did a somersault over the settee. It tipped on top of me and I was trapped by the coffee table, the Sun quoted him, as saying.
“I could not crawl and the phone was out of reach. I didn”t have the strength to shift anything.
“I never had anything to drink except from the bottle of whisky and I sipped on that.
It was terrifying just lying there for so long and not being able to do anything about it. I honestly thought my days were numbered, he added.
Joe was saved when a neighbour’’s grandson called.
He added: “I was so happy when the young man came round. I saw him at the window and screamed. He rang for help and I was rushed into hospital in the nick of time.”
Joe left hospital after five days. (ANI)
- Vijay Mallya 'hand-carries century old bottles of whisky to Glasgow' - Jan 15, 2011
- Illicit liquor manufacturing unit unearthed, six held - Feb 05, 2011
- 35 injured in multiple vehicle collision in Britain - Nov 05, 2011
- Brit pensioner who has smoked 292,000 ciggies celebrates 100th b'day - Sep 25, 2010
- Centenarian's tonic for long life - two whisky shots a day - May 05, 2010
- Cheating Brit man wears board with confession to apologise to girlfriend - Mar 16, 2011
- Disagreement over plans to build 3,700 homes in T.S. Eliot's village - Mar 11, 2011
- 100-year-old whisky to benefit Antarctic Heritage Trust - Apr 05, 2011
- Czechs make giant glass whisky bottle - Aug 18, 2012
- Biden's brother in white powder from India scare - Oct 03, 2011
- Century-old Scotch Extricated From Ice-covered Crate - Aug 15, 2010
- Boy mistakenly drinks acid, dies - Apr 07, 2011
- Florida reporter says Biden staffer confined him in closet at posh fundraiser - Mar 28, 2011
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- Man breaks into home to put up Christmas decorations - Nov 17, 2011