Man steals mobile phone from dying womanMay 20th, 2011 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 20 (IANS) A Briton who stole the mobile phone of a woman who lay dying after falling 80 feet in a suspected suicide has been jailed, a media report said.
Twentythree-year-old Ben Heney took away the handset as another passer-by tried to save the victim, 22, The Sun reported.
Heney’s act was caught on CCTV and he has been jailed for 12 weeks.
He sold the mobile for 20 pounds.
The woman who fell from a multi-storeyed car park in central Manchester died in hospital Wednesday.
Heney was arrested and he admitted theft to the city magistrate’s court.
“We come across crimes from time to time that shock and disgust even the most experienced officers. To deliberately steal from a dying woman instead of offering assistance or comfort is unforgivable,” a police official was quoted as saying.
- Suspicious bag outside IT office triggers panic - Jul 22, 2011
- French woman held for stealing handbag - Aug 22, 2012
- Man steals to spend 400,000 pounds on prostitutes, jailed - Apr 07, 2012
- Bulgarian women gang jailed for London pickpocketing - Aug 04, 2012
- Mum takes son to police for one pound theft - Aug 17, 2011
- Rose Devlin & Denise Egan's theft attempt goes wrong - Nov 23, 2011
- Worker caught for stealing from CWG office - Oct 22, 2010
- Woman jumps from Metro station - Jan 27, 2012
- Italian sets himself ablaze after job loss - Aug 20, 2012
- Sexual assault to stealing, little boy goes on crime-spree - Aug 13, 2012
- Cop suspended for stealing mobile phone (With Images) - Aug 19, 2012
- Victorian criminal records show female convicts got harsh punishments - Feb 25, 2011
- Fake doctor arrested for stealing mobile phones - Aug 12, 2012
- Woman plots 40 car thefts -- for fun - Dec 25, 2010
- Man in jail after one night stand - Apr 05, 2012