Man shoots at iPad to test durabilityMarch 20th, 2012 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 20 (IANS) A man carried out a durability test on the new iPad by shooting at it, a media report said.
The video of the Apple gadget being destroyed has become an online hit, The Sun reported.
It shows Richard Ryan using different guns, including an assault rifle, on a range to shoot at the new iPad.
“It didn’t do as much as I’d hoped to it,” said Ryan after the first test.
He then switched over to a higher powered gun that blew up a large hole through the centre of the Apple gadget.
It’s not just an iPad that Ryan has tested. He has shot at an iPhone, Xbox 360, iPad 2 and other gadgets.
Another test that Ryan carries out is called “will it blend” in which the latest gadgets are placed in a blender to see if they survive.
The test was not taken kindly by one online user who lamented: “Why would you ruin a good ipad. I’ve wanted one for ever and couldn’t afford one.”
Another, however, described it as “awesome”.
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- iPhones, iPads in kids' Christmas wish list - Oct 25, 2010
- Kids want to ditch train sets and dolls for iPhones this Christmas - Oct 25, 2010
- Chinese retailers stop Apple iPad sales - Feb 18, 2012
- Samsung has not infringed Apple's key patent: Tokyo court - Aug 31, 2012
- Apple Profits Soar From Strong iMac And iPad Sales - Jul 21, 2010
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
- Mobile phone doubling up as laptop could dethrone iPad - Apr 01, 2011
- Apple lawyer claims that Samsung copied iPhone technology - Aug 01, 2012
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- Briton gets Apple's first iPad2 after 33-hour wait - Mar 26, 2011
- BBC bought iPads, iPhones not approved for staff - Mar 31, 2011
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- Microsoft's announcement, nothing to do with Barnes & Noble - Jun 19, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor named brand ambassador of year - Mar 22, 2011