Man sentenced to death for killing eight peopleFebruary 9th, 2009 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
Wuhan (China), Feb 9 (Xinhua) A man who was convicted of killing eight people, including a two-year-old boy, was sentenced to death Monday in central China’s Hubei province.
The Intermediate People’s Court of Suizhou also deprived Xiong Zhenlin, 35, of political rights for life.
Xiong, a junk collector, killed eight people in Luoyang Town, Suizhou, Jan 4 and was arrested a week later.
The victims include six employees of Xiong’s junkyard, a 43-year-old woman whom Xiong hoped to marry and the woman’s grandson.
Xiong did not say whether he would appeal.
- One held for China bomb hoax - Sep 02, 2012
- Woman sentenced to death for trafficking 49 children - Apr 17, 2010
- Three charged in deadly China bombing - Mar 31, 2012
- Chinese dungeon rapist sentenced to death - Feb 01, 2011
- Chinese man attacks train passengers, one killed - Sep 12, 2010
- Chinese man to die for keeping sex slaves - Jul 19, 2011
- Former high-ranking Chinese judicial official sentenced to death over rape and corruption - Apr 14, 2010
- Three executed over fatal fire in China - Mar 29, 2012
- Man gets death for terror attack in China - Mar 27, 2012
- Chinese sentenced to death for killing own family - Dec 16, 2011
- Chinese officials put on live TV show sweat it out - Jul 13, 2012
- China promotes green burials - Mar 22, 2011
- 55,000 evacuated as fresh floods hit China - Jun 15, 2011
- Chinese nurses donate $15,700 reward for bombing victims - Dec 20, 2011
- 'iPhone' gas burners seized in China - Feb 25, 2012