Man sentenced to death for beheading three kidsJuly 30th, 2010 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
New York, July 30 (IANS) An American man was sentenced to death for beheading three children, including his daughter, as he believed they were possessed and he was the “chosen one” who must kill them to save the world.
John Allen Rubio, 29, of Brownsville, Texas, was found guilty in 2003 of killing the three children - all under the age of four - but an appeals court overturned the conviction in 2007. He was again sentenced to death Thursday for the beheading of the three - including his own daughter, the Herald Sun reported.
Rubio told the court that after killing the children, he insisted that Angela Camacho - the children’s mother - have sex with him, saying that it would be their last chance.
Police found the decapitated bodies of Julissa Quesada, three, John E Rubio, one, and two-month-old Mary Jane Rubio March 11, 2003. The youngest child was Rubio’s biological daughter.
They were discovered in the apartment in Brownsville where the family lived.
Camacho had pleaded guilty in 2005. She is currently serving three life sentences.
The court sentenced Rubio to death by lethal injection, but his attorney said he will appeal the conviction.
Rubio, however, pleaded not guilty to insanity.
- Texas Man Gets Death Penalty For Beheading Three Toddlers - Jul 30, 2010
- Texas man gets death penalty for killing three children - Jul 30, 2010
- Texas Man Gets Death Penalty For Killing His Children - Jul 30, 2010
- Texas Man Awarded The Death Penalty For Killing Three Toddlers - Jul 30, 2010
- CRPF ex-cop sentenced to death for killing seven - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Dr Death' Jayant Patel's lawyers lodge appeal in manslaughter case - Jul 15, 2010
- Extended jail term sought for Indian-origin doctor - Jul 20, 2010
- Death for three confirmed in 2003 Mumbai blasts case (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Rajat Gupta convicted on four counts by US jury (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Salman told to appear in court in poaching case - Aug 09, 2011
- Spurned lover who beheaded girl spared the gallows - Sep 11, 2012
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Graham Staines killing: Convict's bail plea hearing adjourned - Oct 20, 2010
- Mubarak aide gets seven years in prison - May 28, 2012
- Lajpat Nagar blast: High court reserves order on pleas - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: american man, angela camacho, apartment, appeals court, biological daughter, brownsville texas, conviction, death by lethal injection, decapitated bodies, herald sun, insanity, john allen rubio, julissa, last chance, life sentences, march 11, mary jane, three kids