Man scales down high-rise building after lover’s tiffApril 27th, 2011 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, April 27 (IANS) “You should go and die,” said a woman to her boyfriend during an argument and the man promptly climbed out of the 20th floor window and began to scale down the high-rise in this Chinese city. He reached down safely, but not before leaving onlookers shocked.
Shanghai Daily reported that early Tuesday morning, residents of the high-rise building were stunned to see the man climbing down.
Thinking that he was a thief, the police were called.
“When I saw him, he was on the air-conditioner frame of the sixth floor,” an eyewitness was quoted as saying.
The man entered an apartment at the third floor and he was held by police.
He said he began to descend after his girlfriend shouted “you should go and die”. When he was still talking to the police, the man’s girlfriend came to see him.
The man was released without any charge.
- Car exhaust fumes kill Chinese couple - Aug 08, 2011
- Human cannonball dies as safety net collapses - Apr 26, 2011
- Calm down and go home: Riot victim's father urges rioters - Aug 11, 2011
- Man falls from highrise, dies - Apr 26, 2011
- Man rescued from trash chute - May 17, 2012
- Cop found dead in car at Noida - Apr 02, 2012
- Anthony Franzese sues landlord for $21 million over AC accident - Nov 12, 2010
- Good samaritan in China tracked down through internet - Aug 28, 2012
- Warming hills: ACs on in Shimla - Apr 16, 2010
- Thief who got on Shanghai metro train roof held - Apr 26, 2011
- Woman killed in Bangalore mock fire drill - Feb 24, 2012
- Shanghai fire toll rises to 53 - Nov 16, 2010
- Four held as Shanghai blaze toll rises to 53 (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Naked, armed Australian puts police on alert - Jul 18, 2010
- Dozens trapped in burning Mantralaya, navy called (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012