Man saves chopped off ear by stitching it to stomach!June 12th, 2009 - 4:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 12 (ANI): A man has got one of his ears stitched to his stomach after it was sliced off in an attack in a park.
Paul Gibbs, a student from Leeds, was attacked by a group of men while he was camping with friends last year.
Gibbs also suffered severe brain damage and was in a coma.
At the time, surgeons were unable to reattach his ear to his head because it wasn’t found until 17 hours after the attack.
Instead, doctors stitched the ear to the inside of his stomach to help regrow some of the tissue.
The plan is to then reconstruct the ear using some of the cartilage from 26-year-old Gibbs’s ribcage.
“It’s just a question of waiting for the operation,” the Telegraph quoted him as telling the Yorkshire Evening Post.
“It is going to hurt but I want it done.
“But I’m strong-minded and feel like I am making good progress,” he added. (ANI)
- Patients can "regrow their knee" in lab - Jun 04, 2010
- I'm not sorry, you're dumb: Thief to victims - Nov 24, 2011
- Zsa Zsa Gabor hospitalised again - Oct 10, 2011
- Tim Barter is now recovering from head injury - Feb 29, 2012
- Scientists devise safer way to reconstruct breasts - Dec 07, 2011
- Shoplifter chops off security guard's ear - Dec 13, 2011
- New procedure repairs torn knee cartilage faster - Oct 17, 2010
- Surgeon removes wrong part of patient's brain - Aug 23, 2011
- Briton held for running over Asian-origin kids - Aug 21, 2012
- Molecule from shark cartilage fights joint pain - Sep 18, 2011
- Woman pardons mother who cut off her ears - Dec 28, 2011
- Mutilated Afghan girl Aisha asked to face cross-examination or risk attacker walking free - Feb 11, 2011
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- 50 Cent hospitalised - May 18, 2012
- Beyonce shocked over surrogacy rumours - May 01, 2012