Man robs granddad planning to disinherit motherDecember 15th, 2010 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Dec 15 (IANS) A 35-year-old man has been sentenced to three years in jail for stealing 1.7 million dirhams ($460,000) from his grandfather who was planning to disinherit his mother.The accused - identified only as B.M. - pleaded not guilty to the charge, and said he only took his mother’s share of her inheritance, the Gulf News reported Wednesday.
Two of his accomplices - an Emirati man identified as H.J. and a Yemeni national identified as Y.Y. - were also convicted of robbery by the Dubai Court of First Instance.
The prime accused’s 77-year-old man grandfather - identified as M.G. - told the court only his grandson knew about the safe and the money.
The Yemeni man will be deported after serving his sentence, judge Al Saeed Mohammad Barghout ruled Tuesday.
- Indian jailed for molesting minor girl in Dubai - Feb 22, 2011
- Transsexual waiter in Dubai faces jail for inciting men to have sex with him - Apr 25, 2011
- Teacher charged with molesting attempt in Dubai - Dec 15, 2010
- $272,000 donated for prisoners' release in Dubai - Sep 02, 2011
- Two jailed in UAE for sex out of wedlock - Mar 12, 2012
- Bollywood, Hollywood stars name linked to Dubai property scam - Feb 03, 2011
- Indian jailed in Dubai for forcing woman into sex trade - Jun 25, 2012
- Alert boy helps in recovery of abducted woman - Jan 23, 2011
- Dubai's non-oil trade reaches $102 bn - Nov 02, 2010
- 12,000 walk in Dubai for breast cancer awareness - Oct 29, 2011
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
- Dangerous Liaisons: Wild cats as trophy pets in UAE (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- One sentenced to death for Pakistan attack - Aug 13, 2011
- Rahul Mahajan Is The Doting Son-In-Law - Sep 20, 2010
- Dubai court rejects plea of British couple jailed for kissing - Apr 04, 2010