Man poisons mother’s coffeeJuly 27th, 2010 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, July 27 (IANS) A 43-year-old man tried to poison his mother with coffee laced with a kitchen cleanser.
Jessie Vasquez walked into a fire station in Dallas and told one of the firefighters: “I just put poison in my mother’s coffee”, Fox News reported.
While one of the firefighters called police, paramedics rushed to the house of Vasquez’s mother.
Maria Vasquez answered the door and told police she had already swallowed one cup of coffee.
When police examined the coffee, they found a white powder inside along with a chemical smell. Under a cabinet, they found a canister of kitchen cleanser that had a similar smell.
Maria Vasquez at first said she didn’t want to go to hospital, but began feeling sick a short time later and had to be taken for a check-up.
- Nazis had planned to kill Allied forces with coffee, chocolate - Apr 04, 2011
- Nazis plotted 'to poison sausages, chocolate, coffee of Allies in event of loss' - Apr 04, 2011
- Woman, two daughters found dismembered in Guatemala - Sep 04, 2012
- Missing US girl, 13, fled her home 'to avoid arranged marriage in Pakistan' - Mar 04, 2011
- Seven bodies found in US apartment - Dec 26, 2011
- Dallas Office Building Evacuated for Suspicious Package - Jan 28, 2011
- Clam boat pulls up canisters off New York - Jun 08, 2010
- Mum in UK cuts out heart of 4-year-old daughter as 'religious offering' - Dec 19, 2010
- Three firms guilty of lead poisoning in Chinese kids - Feb 26, 2012
- Explosion rocks German chemical park, three missing (Lead) - Apr 01, 2012
- Explosion rocks German chemical park - Mar 31, 2012
- Three die after consuming cold drink - Mar 14, 2011
- Indian-origin mum killed autistic son fearing that UK social services would take him away - Nov 16, 2010
- Poisonous bracelets recalled in Britain - Dec 26, 2011
- Father dies after drinking from a Lucozade bottle, filled with weed killer - Dec 11, 2010