Man plunges to death after girlfriendSeptember 3rd, 2011 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 2 (IANS) A troubled man in Britain plunged to his death from a 150-foot tower block just after his girlfriend fell.
Steven Parker, 23, followed his love Kiran Creevy, 20, in plunging 150 feet from the 12th floor of her empty Leeds council flat, the Daily Mail reported.
The couple, who lived in a maisonette nearby and were having problems finding work, reportedly left a suicide note before dialling 999, the emergency telephone number.
Neighbours said they heard his final words saying: “If she’s going, I’m going too.”
Kiran’s mother said she received an emotional telephone call from her daughter in the early hours of Wednesday morning. She got into her car and was on her way to see her. But as she arrived at the flat they had fallen to their deaths.
Rachel Whitehead, Kiran’s aunt, told the Daily Mirror that Steven was due to become father in just 10 weeks after an affair with an 18-year-old woman during a break in the couple’s relationship.
She said: “We just can’t believe she has done this. They left a suicide note but her mum has not seen it as the police need it for evidence.”
“He was going out with two girls at once. He was seeing them both and the other girl is pregnant. One minute he was with Kiran and the next minute back with her.”
“I do feel sorry for the woman. What is she supposed to say to their child, `Your dad committed suicide with his other girlfriend?”
West Yorkshire Police are probing circumstances surrounding their deaths.
- Woman jailed for burning fiance` to death - Jan 04, 2012
- Woman jumps from Gurgaon high rise, dies - May 07, 2012
- Moral policing and media overzealousness cost a young life (Punjab Newsletter) - Sep 14, 2012
- Briton slashes own throat live on internet - Dec 02, 2011
- Student hangs herself over obscene Facebook comments - Aug 16, 2012
- Gurgaon domestic help jumps to death - May 14, 2012
- Mum in UK cuts out heart of 4-year-old daughter as 'religious offering' - Dec 19, 2010
- Infosys employee commits suicide at Hyderabad centre - Feb 18, 2011
- Peter Doherty charged with the possession of cocaine - Sep 30, 2010
- Boy breaks teacher's leg with karate kick - Jan 15, 2012
- Wife lures men for sex to kill husband, jailed - Jul 31, 2012
- Pete Doherty denies cocaine charge - Feb 03, 2011
- Brit businessman chokes to death at OAP S&M dungeon - Oct 09, 2010
- British teen plunges to death - Apr 11, 2012
- Marie Osmond's Son Left Note Before Dying - Mar 03, 2010
Tags: committed suicide, daily mail, daily mirror, emergency telephone, foot tower, girlfriend, leeds, maisonette, neighbours, old woman, steven parker, suicide note, telephone call, tower block, troubled man, two girls, wednesday morning, west yorkshire police, whitehead, yorkshire