Man kills ten family members in Pakistan land rowApril 16th, 2009 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 16 (DPA) A man killed his brother and nine other members of his family in Pakistan’s eastern Punjab province Thursday over an inheritance dispute, police said.
The gruesome incident took place in Sialkot district, located some 150 km north of the provincial capital Lahore.
Zafar Hussain went to his elder brother’s home, armed with a knife and an axe, at around 3 a.m. and killed the entire family, police chief Mohammad Amin said.
The dead were identified as Javed Hussain, his wife and eight children, aged between six months and 10 years.
“All victims suffered multiple stab wounds and hard blows with a blunt weapon,” Amin said on the phone.
Amin said police were hunting the killer after arresting his wife and son for their alleged involvement in the homicides.
Television footage showed a large crowd of locals outside the crime scene, as relatives mourned the killings.
A preliminary investigation revealed the two brothers developed serious differences over 16 hectares of land, which their father recently distributed equally among four of his sons.
Dozens of people are killed across Pakistan every year in violent disagreements relating to inheritance issues.
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- Lahore sees an upsurge in "honour killings" - Sep 16, 2010
- Woman stabs fiance to death - Aug 13, 2012
- Chinese man stabs wife, two couples to death - Jul 03, 2012
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Honour killing: Brother arrested in Haryana - May 28, 2012
- V-Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Devon Griffin thought that his slain family was a Halloween joke - Nov 02, 2010
- Hundreds Of Fans Attend Lorenzen Wright's Funeral Service - Aug 05, 2010
- Chinese man held for killing five people - Apr 16, 2012
- Four of a family murdered in Hyderabad - May 30, 2010
- Apex court upholds death for man in family's murder - Aug 09, 2010
- British policeman kills wife, girl after sack - Dec 10, 2011
- US national kills Russian wife, commits suicide in Moscow - May 26, 2011
- Pakistani kills son, daughter - Oct 09, 2011
Tags: axe, crime scene, disagreements, elder brother, gruesome incident, hectares, homicides, hussain, inheritance issues, javed, killings, large crowd, mohammad amin, multiple stab wounds, police chief, preliminary investigation, provincial capital, punjab province, television footage, two brothers