Man kills daughter because she didn’t smile at himAugust 9th, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 9 (IANS) A man in New Zealand has been charged with murdering his two-year-old daughter after he allegedly threw her against a wall and then stomped on her because she never smiled at him.
Kefu Ikamanu pleaded not guilty in the high court in Auckland to murdering his daughter Seini by breaking her shoulder, pelvis and causing a brain injury, the Daily Mail reported.
The man threw his daughter against a wall and then stomped on her because she never smiled at him, the prosecutor told the court.
The girl died of fatal injuries in March 2010, 21 days before her third birthday. She was affected with pneumonia, which the court heard had been caused by the injury to her brain.
The court heard the accused was not able to form a close bond with his daughter, and became “frustrated and angry” with what he thought was the spoilt behaviour of his child.
The girl had only recently been reunited with her family after living with her grandparents for most of her life.
The case continues.
- Woman kills daughter's lover for posting topless photos - May 22, 2012
- When court named girl of a separated couple - Jul 15, 2011
- Pakistani kills ex-girlfriend with hammer - Jun 07, 2012
- 10-year-old Jewish girl allowed to embrace Christianity - Aug 03, 2012
- Boy jailed 17 years for killing teenage mom - Dec 22, 2011
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Baby Falak still critical (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistani parents found guilty of killing teenaged daughter - Aug 03, 2012
- BSES Rajdhani directed to compensatE girl - Apr 10, 2012
- Heartbroken man kills wife, kids, father-in-law - Aug 13, 2012
- Pain most intense emotion: Author of partition saga - Dec 11, 2010
- Woman kills daughter to save her from being sex slave - Nov 09, 2010
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Man killed after being hit by train - Jun 12, 2012