Man jailed three months for hitting schoolboy in busMarch 5th, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, March 5 (DPA) A Singapore court sentenced a 35-year-old man to three months in jail Thursday for hitting a schoolboy who accidentally stepped on his foot in a packed bus, a news report said.
Ismail Atan punched the boy three times on his forehead in a public bus in September, the online edition of Straits Times newspaper said.
Ismail was seated and had extended his foot into the aisle. As the 13-year-old student was making his way into the bus, he inadvertently stepped on his foot.
The man stood up and punched the boy although another passenger shouted at him to stop the attack.
“The victim was young and vulnerable. He was in no position to defend himself,” the report quoted the judge as saying.
- Two Bangladeshis found trapped in container for three weeks - Apr 14, 2011
- Jason Allen Tattersall Once Again Sentenced To Prison After Torturing Youth With "DOG" Tattoo - Dec 12, 2010
- Man accidentally shoots wife dead - Jan 27, 2011
- Three injured after 6-year-old US boy fires accidentally - Apr 20, 2011
- One killed in road rage in Delhi - Aug 21, 2010
- UK couple jailed for beating daughter for dating black man - Aug 06, 2012
- Teen-aged schoolboy stabbed to death in Delhi - Jul 21, 2012
- Teen stabs mother's boyfriend to death - Jul 13, 2010
- Singapore man gets jail for beating toddler to death - Oct 07, 2009
- Woman faces jail for sex with teenage boys - Aug 07, 2012
- Mike Tyson's first love was a pigeon! - Mar 07, 2011
- Teacher bashed up by pupil's stepfather in Russia - Oct 30, 2010
- 11-year-old American schoolboy charged with anti-Muslim hate crime - Apr 01, 2011
- Buddhadeb paints town red with roadshow - Apr 10, 2011
- Pak schoolboy reveals how Taliban brainwashed him into becoming suicide bomber - Apr 20, 2011