Man jailed for life for killing Russian soldiersJune 1st, 2012 - 4:09 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 1 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A court in Armenian capital Yerevan has sentenced an Armenian citizen to life in prison for killing two Russian soldiers in 2010.
On Oct 23, 2010, two bodies with numerous knife stabs were discovered on the territory of a Russian military unit. They were later identified as soldiers Armen Zakharyan and Artur Yenokyan.
The suspect, Mikhail Bashchkov from Yerevan, was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison, the prosecutor general’s office said.
In 2010, Bashchkov borrowed $600 from Zakharyan, who was friends with him. Bashchkov later returned part of the sum, but still owed $370. They both had a quarrel over the money.
Bashchkov figured out when Zakharyan will be on duty at the military unit next time and decided to kill him. On Oct 23, he sneaked into the unit and stabbed Zakharyan, and also another soldier, Yenokyan, who came to help Zakharyan.
- Russia seeks extradition of arms dealer from US - Aug 23, 2012
- Russian ex-army officer jailed for spying - Dec 08, 2011
- Russian jailed in US for bank fraud - Mar 25, 2012
- Poland releases Russian spy on parole - Nov 17, 2011
- Russian army officer jailed for burning soldier - Jan 24, 2012
- Russia major jailed for beating soldiers - Sep 10, 2011
- Former Dutch pilot jailed for spying for Russia - Dec 15, 2011
- Bride kills groom on wedding night - Feb 20, 2012
- Russian professors jailed for selling missile secrets to China - Jun 20, 2012
- Russian woman kills hubby with frying pan - Apr 29, 2012
- New stealth fighter jet for Russia, India - Aug 16, 2011
- Wanted sex trafficker extradited to Russia - Mar 31, 2012
- Libya jails foreign mercenaries for helping Gaddafi - Jun 04, 2012
- Egypt confirms Israeli-Palestinian prisoners swap deal - Oct 12, 2011
- Russian arms dealer shifted to Brooklyn jail - Feb 26, 2012