Man jailed for attack after being tracked down on FacebookAugust 4th, 2012 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS) A drunken man has been jailed for a brutal street attack after his victim’s sister tracked him down on social network Facebook.
Samantha Beddows, 21, scoured the website for hours looking for the man who beat up her 24-year-old brother Gregg in Stourbridge, West Midlands, in January, the Daily Mail reported.
Gregg Beddows was kicked in the face, following which his cheekbone suffered a fracture and he fell unconscious.
Samantha recognised the police description of the offender — 23-year-old Gareth Collins — and saw him bragging about the crime on his Facebook profile page.
The attacker had posted a comment after the brutal incident. “Ha, ha. Sick ain’t I?” the comment read.
Samantha realised she had seen him before in her local pub, and called the police.
Collins was arrested, but claimed he had not wanted to get into a fight.
The defence lawyer told the court the attacker was full of remorse, and Collins was jailed for 32 months after pleading guilty to one count of wounding.
- Britons bought more beer at shops than pubs - Jan 25, 2011
- Kanye West performs for Facebook employees & joins Twitter - Jul 29, 2010
- Bieber warns fans to stay away from him - Oct 14, 2011
- Not making 'Jaane Tu...' sequel: Abbas Tyrewala - Mar 13, 2012
- Oklahoma wide receiver Kenny Stills poses in a purple dress - Jul 09, 2012
- Rick Ross is unhappy with Young Jeezy - Nov 19, 2010
- Johnny Depp turns hero in real life - May 04, 2010
- No pre-nup agreement with Katy Perry, says Russell Brand - Oct 20, 2010
- Aguilera kisses boyfriend in public - Dec 15, 2010
- Briton makes hit-list of 1,000 girls for sex - May 19, 2012
- Can't take you to hospital, man tells pregnant wife - Jul 24, 2012
- Man jailed for attacking neighbour on 90th birthday - Oct 22, 2011
- British rapist jailed after 21 years - Mar 18, 2012
- Lil Wayne itching for drugs - Oct 20, 2011
- Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child named 'Best Guitar Riff Of All Time' - Nov 27, 2009