Man jailed for 27 years for 1966 murderJuly 23rd, 2012 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 23 (IANS) A convicted child killer has been sentenced to 27 years in jail for the murder of a 17-year-old girl in Britain 46 years ago.
Yolande Waddington, who worked as a nanny, was found strangled in Beenham village in Berkshire in October 1966, BBC reported Monday.
David Burgess, now 64, is already serving a life sentence for killing nine-year-old girls Jeanette Wigmore and Jacqueline Williams in Beenham in 1967.
The jury at Reading Crown Court convicted Burgess by a majority verdict of 11 to one following a five-week trial.
Waddington had moved to the village only a few days earlier to work as a nanny at a farm when she was killed.
In 2011, Thames Valley police carried out a review into the case. Using a new technique, they obtained a partial DNA profile which matched that of Burgess.
- Anuj Bidve's killer jailed for life - Jul 27, 2012
- Man insured wife two days before killing her - Feb 25, 2012
- Australian found guilty of killing three Indian siblings - Jul 03, 2012
- Rapist British cop sentenced to life in jail - Jan 11, 2011
- Pakistani ringleader jailed for raping girl 30 times - Jun 22, 2012
- NY jury acquits Tanzanian man of 284 counts of Qaeda-linked terrorism - Nov 18, 2010
- Connecticut Home Invasion: Steven Hayes gets the death penalty - Nov 09, 2010
- 'Dating Game Killer' Rodney Alcala Charged With New Murder Cases - Jan 28, 2011
- 'Pakistani sex gang had Punjabi values' - Jun 25, 2012
- Victim asks court to jail Pakistani rapist for life - Jun 23, 2012
- British teenager gets 10 years for killing man - Aug 11, 2012
- Three tribal youth get life terms for murder - Feb 08, 2012
- Serial Killer Rodney Alcala Turns Out To Be Dating Game Winner - Mar 09, 2010
- Scottish Pc jailed for life for raping, sexually assaulting vulnerable women - Jan 12, 2011
- I did not kill Kercher: Knox tells court - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,