Man in Russia shoots wife in place of pigJune 17th, 2011 - 8:59 am ICT by IANS
Tula, June 17 (IANS/RIA Novosti) An elderly man in Russia is facing up to two years in prison for accidently shooting his wife dead while preparing to kill a pig, the investigative committee regional directorate said Thursday.
The 60-year-old Russian pensioner is a resident of the Tula region, about 200 km south of Moscow, was loading a homemade firearm to shoot a pig when it accidentally went off, fatally injuring his wife who was standing nearby.
She died on the spot.
The man has been charged with negligent homicide and ordered not to leave the town pending trial.
- Man shoots wife in place of pig (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Russian steals gunpowder to fuel stove - Aug 14, 2012
- Russian woman kills hubby with frying pan - Apr 29, 2012
- Two-headed pig born in Russia - Jul 26, 2012
- Russian cop kills man over parking dispute - Mar 24, 2012
- Man jailed for killing flasher in Russia - Jan 26, 2012
- Shuttlecock shooters to control crowds in Russia - Jun 07, 2012
- Man steals truckload of vodka in Russia - Jan 19, 2012
- Russian cops accused of filming prison sex - Jul 12, 2012
- Three Russian women kill paedophile - May 03, 2012
- Three kids die in Siberian building collapse - Sep 14, 2012
- Breivik's copycat held in Czech Republic - Aug 19, 2012
- Just half of Russians know national anthem - Aug 23, 2012
- Russia introduces life sentence for drug dealers - Mar 03, 2012
- Russian woman to be extradited from Spain for trafficking - May 05, 2011