Man in England throws away $181m lottery ticketOctober 20th, 2010 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 20 (ANI): Fortune struck big for a Brit lady, who owned a lottery ticket worth 181 million dollars, but her husband became a villain to her luck, as he binned the ticket.
An elderly woman, who has not been named for security reasons, had taken note of the numbers on her ticket but did not have the original.
“I play every week - I play the lottery, the Euromillions and the Thunderball - but my husband takes the ticket off me and I don’t see it again. That’s why I always write my numbers down,” News.com.su quoted her as telling the Coventry Telegraph.
After the ticket remained unclaimed for over a week, she checked her notepad and found the winning numbers to be hers.
“I went down to the newsagent and showed him my pad. He said, ‘My God, you’re a winner,’ but I said, ‘I’m not a winner - the ticket has been binned,’” she said,” she added cursing the moment when the ticket was thrown.
The winning ticket netted the biggest jackpot ever scooped on the Europe-wide contest. (ANI)
- Brit hubby throws away wife's winning $181m lottery ticket! - Oct 20, 2010
- Briton wins $98 mn lottery share - Jun 09, 2012
- Jackpot worth $2.5 mn goes unclaimed in China - Aug 01, 2011
- British couple scoop million-pound lottery with forgotten ticket - Jun 01, 2012
- Ticketholder in Britain wins 41 mn pound jackpot - Jan 22, 2012
- Briton scoops 148-mn-pound jackpot - Aug 11, 2012
- Lottery millionaire Mr Topham bans his mother from his life - Mar 05, 2012
- Lottery winner just wants a new carpet - Jan 25, 2012
- Britain's record jackpot winner to walk away with $180 mn - Oct 09, 2010
- Brit couple beat 196 trillion to 1 odd after matching lotto numbers twice - Feb 09, 2011
- British couple wins $260 mn jackpot - Jul 16, 2011
- Christmas Eve luckiest day for winning lottery - Dec 24, 2010
- Powerball winner hits jackpot and wins $230 million - Aug 11, 2011
- 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches record $500 million - Mar 29, 2012
- 2 lottery winners bought tickets from same shop - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: coventry, elderly woman, england, euromillions, europe, fortune, god, jackpot, lottery ticket, melbourne, million dollars, newsagent, notepad, security reasons, telegraph, thunderball, villain, winning numbers