Man held for killing two while ’sleep-driving’February 7th, 2012 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 7 (IANS) A man in China’s Shanghai city has been arrested for dozing off while driving and killing two people after ramming his trailor into two other vehicles, said prosecutors Tuesday.
The vehicles had been parked on the emergency lane of the city’s highway.
The accident occurred last November when Chen Hairong, 31, lost control of his semi-trailer. It crashed into a truck parked for a road check, pushing it to bump into a police car in its front, the Shanghai Daily reported.
Chen’s wife and a police officer were killed and two others were injured in the three-vehicles’ collision, said prosecutors.
The man said he did not see the vehicles because he was too tired and drowsy. “I was talking to my wife to keep myself awake. I should not have done that,” said Chen.
- 17 killed in road accident in east China - Aug 06, 2011
- 17 dead in China road accident - Aug 06, 2011
- Minnesotan Males Providential To Be Animate After Driving Under A Semi - Sep 01, 2010
- Eight killed in Haryana accident - Aug 26, 2012
- Six dead in China road accident - Jun 01, 2012
- Man kills girlfriend by stabbing over 30 times - Sep 29, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Truck driver dies in crash after running down cyclist - Jul 15, 2012
- Tom Brokaw & his wife Meredith unhurt in major accident - Dec 08, 2009
- Chinese man stabs wife, two couples to death - Jul 03, 2012
- Six killed, nine injured in Kashmir - Mar 10, 2012
- 10 killed, 18 injured in Florida highway pileups - Jan 30, 2012
- Five of family killed in Maharashtra accident - Jun 20, 2011
- 14 die in New York tour bus accident - Mar 13, 2011
- 7 killed, 20 injured in Assam road mishaps - Apr 16, 2012