Man held 19 years after stealing one million poundFebruary 10th, 2012 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 10 (IANS) A security guard in Britain has been nabbed 19 years after going on the run following a million pound (over $1.5 million) raid on a cash van.
Eddie Maher, now 56, was on the police wanted-list since disappearing along with the money while making a delivery to a bank in Felixstowe town of Suffolk county, in 1993, the Daily Express reported.
He was arrested this week in the Ozarks, a mountain area of the US.
It is believed Maher worked in the US for a cable company using the false first name Mike. He had vanished after the alleged crime, which occurred outside the branch of Lloyds Bank.
It is believed the incident occurred when a colleague made a delivery to the bank while Maher waited outside in the vehicle. The van vanished and was later found empty on the seafront.
- Rs.1.4 million looted from a bank in Chennai - Feb 20, 2012
- Cow urine products from India seized in Britain - Aug 17, 2012
- Global manhunt for Chinese rogue banker - Mar 27, 2012
- Cash van robbery: Driver, gunman held, Rs.67.5 lakh still missing - Feb 03, 2011
- 'Benitez-built weak and short on talent Liverpool squad' - Apr 06, 2011
- Bank robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh seized in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Rs.22 lakh for Deutsche Bank ATM stolen in Noida - Jul 16, 2010
- Robbery bid at Indian bank in Trinidad and Tobago - Jun 11, 2012
- No sign of guard who made off with 11 million euros in France - Nov 06, 2009
- Chinese nurses donate $15,700 reward for bombing victims - Dec 20, 2011
- Rs.3 lakh snatched from woman in Ghaziabad - Jun 08, 2012
- Lloyds bank worker fired for comparing her salary to boss' on Facebook - Apr 06, 2011
- Nassau County Robbery Squad arrest man in connection with string of robberies - Feb 11, 2010
- Banking activities paralysed as strike begins - Aug 22, 2012
- Fire disrupts live telecast of PM's press meet (Lead) - May 24, 2010