Man gets life term for killing, drinking bloodApril 4th, 2011 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, April 4 (IANS) A man who killed his flatmate and then drank his blood was jailed for life Monday by a court in Brisbane.
Robert Ian Logan, 23, had admitted to killing his flatmate Ben Huntingford June 21, 2006. He, however, pleaded not guilty to murder in the Supreme Court in Brisbane.
The murder took place at Beenleigh in Brisbane.
A jury Monday found him guilty of a murder that prosecutors described as a “brutal slaughtering”, AAP reported.
Acting Justice Julie Dick sentenced Logan to life in prison.
Logan had told the police he cut Huntingford’s throat from ear to ear, the court was told.
He then drank some of Huntingford’s blood.
Ben Casey, another housemate, informed the court he had returned home to find the hallway covered in blood. He found Huntingford lying naked with his throat cut and other injuries, including partially severed genitals.
Peter, Huntingford’s father, told the court that Logan had earlier told stories that he had eaten human flesh with cannibals in New Zealand as a child.
- Oz 'cannibal' sentenced to life imprisonment for murdering flatmate - Apr 04, 2011
- Australia chef kills ex-wife for calling him 'eunuch' - Jul 05, 2011
- Oz man kills landlord, hacks off 'genitals to keep as souvenir' - Nov 30, 2010
- Queens man who stabbed wife 250 times 'didn't eat her liver as claimed' - May 14, 2010
- Woman tells court she set fire to his genitals - Sep 27, 2010
- Russian man charged with cannibalism - Aug 30, 2011
- Deranged Swedish man eats murdered girlfriend - Mar 10, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial continues - Jun 03, 2011
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- British royals dined on human flesh: Book - May 21, 2011
- Wife watched as lover stabbed husband - Sep 20, 2011
- Oz man fined for running nude in floodwaters in exchange for cigarette - Feb 17, 2011
- Cannibal arrested in Russia - Mar 26, 2012
- Extended jail term sought for Indian-origin doctor - Jul 20, 2010
- I did not kill Kercher: Knox tells court - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: aap, april 4, beenleigh, ben casey, brisbane, cannibals, dick, drinking blood, flatmate, hallway, housemate, human flesh, june 21, life in prison, logan, melbourne april, new zealand, prosecutors, supreme court