Man dressed as Santa kills six at Christmas partyDecember 26th, 2008 - 9:31 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Dec 26 (DPA) A man dressed as Santa Claus opened fire at a Christmas party, then set the house on fire, killing at least six people before committing suicide, police said Thursday.The gruesome incident occurred in the quiet middle class suburb of Covina, about 30 km east of Los Angeles, when the attacker identified as Bruce Jeffery opened fire at the gathering in his former wife’s house.
Police said Pardo, 45, was let into the party by an eight-year-old girl who thought he was there to entertain the children. Once inside, witnesses said that Pardo pulled out a gun from beneath his costume, shot the girl in the face and then sprayed the approximately 25 guests with bullets.
He then set the house on fire with a home-made device that was wrapped up to look like a Christmas present.
Hours later, Pardo’s brother called the police to say that he had shot himself to death. Police found Pardo in his brother’s home with a single gunshot wound to the head.
The victims were not immediately identified by police.
- Man dressed as Santa kills three at Christmas party - Dec 26, 2008
- Santa Gunman planned to flee to Canada after shooting - Dec 27, 2008
- Two brothers shot dead in Pakistan - Feb 10, 2011
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Sacked father suspected of killing wife, five kids - Jan 28, 2009
- Priest gunned down in Guatemala - Jan 28, 2012
- Simon Cowell dresses as James Bond for a birthday party - Feb 14, 2011
- Two Chinese students shot dead in US - Apr 12, 2012
- Santa in sand, courtesy Odisha artist (With Image) - Dec 25, 2011
- 'Scrooge' teacher reined in over Santa gaffe - Dec 05, 2011
- Cops surround French shootings' suspect - Mar 21, 2012
- Kids in Greece ask Santa for jobs for parents - Dec 24, 2011
- Turkish imam says Santa Claus 'dishonest' - Dec 29, 2011
- One killed, 10 injured in US party fight - Sep 26, 2010
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011