Man disguised as Afghan armyman kills NATO soldierJuly 17th, 2011 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, July 16 (IANS) A man dressed as an Afghan armyman killed a soldier with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) Saturday, Xinhua reported.
“An individual wearing an Afghan National Army uniform turned his weapon against International Security Assistance Force service members in southern Afghanistan today, killing one service member,” the press release said.
The press release, however, did not identify the exact place of the incident and the nationality of the victim, saying that it is ISAF policy to defer casualty identification procedures to the relevant national authorities.
- NATO soldier killed in Afghanistan - Sep 03, 2012
- 3 ISAF personnel killed in eastern Afghanistan - Dec 04, 2011
- Two NATO troops killed in Afghanistan - Mar 26, 2012
- Six NATO personnel die in Afghan chopper crash - Jan 20, 2012
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO soldier - Feb 01, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills NATO soldier in southern Afghanistan - Mar 27, 2012
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills three NATO soldiers - Aug 30, 2012
- NATO troop killed in Afghanistan - Jan 06, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crash - Jun 06, 2012
- Five NATO soldiers die in Afghanistan: ISAF - Jul 31, 2011
- Insurgents kill NATO soldier in southern Afghanistan - Nov 10, 2011
- Bomb blast kills 5 more NATO troops in southern Afghanistan - Aug 11, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills NATO soldier in eastern Afghanistan - Aug 03, 2011
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Wave of attacks kill seven NATO soldiers in Afghanistan - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: army uniform, armyman, casualty, exact place, international security assistance, kabul, national army, nationality, nato, Press Release, relevant national authorities, service member, service members, soldier, southern afghanistan, xinhua