Man dies after falling off the cliff on honeymoonJuly 15th, 2012 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 15 (IANS) A British couple’s honeymoon ended on a tragic note when the bridegroom fell 100 feet to his death from a cliff while strolling with his wife near their hotel in Portugal.
Brian Orton, 45, slipped and fell from a cliff in Albuefeira city and suffered head injuries, Daily Mail reported. He was only six days into the romantic break with his new wife Catherine when the tragedy struck.
The couple, from Durham county, had celebrated their wedding on the Orton’s birthday - June 21.
The couple had been friends since childhood. They set off on their honeymoon June 25.
Barely six days later Orton slipped and fell as they rushed up a steep path next to an open-air escalator.
“I was in front of him and when I turned around he had disappeared,” said Orton’s wife.
“You think it will never happen to you,” she said. “It was a tragic accident and I still expect him to walk through the door. It has come as a massive shock, I really miss him.”
- WWE Raw: 6 Man- Henry, Rhodes, Christian vs Orton, Sheamus, & Morrison - Oct 18, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Christian & Rhodes vs Orton & Sheamus - Oct 08, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Kane vs Randy Orton - Jul 23, 2011
- Sammy condoles St Lucia accident - Nov 13, 2011
- Ram Charan-Upasana honeymoon at Salvatore Ferragamo's ranch - Jun 20, 2012
- Infant critical after falling off mall's escalator - Jul 04, 2012
- WWE Wrestlemania XXVII: Orton Vs Punk - Apr 04, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Randy Orton vs Mark Henry - May 21, 2011
- WWE Smackdown MAIN EVENT: Orton vs Rhodes, Champ vs Champ - Sep 11, 2011
- Ian Ziering Is Super Thrilled To Be A Dad - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: bridegroom, british couple, daily mail, durham county, friends since childhood, head injuries, honeymoon, june 21, london, portugal, romantic break, shock, six days, steep path, tragedy, tragic accident, tragic note, wife catherine