Man creates 240-volt booby trap for tenantNovember 12th, 2011 - 1:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 12 (IANS) A landlord in Britain has been jailed for four years after he attempted to electrocute his lodger with an elaborate booby-trap following a row with him over satellite TV subscriptions.
Thirty-three-year-old Eric Malcolm wrapped a live 240-volt extension cable round a door handle and waited for his victim Tony Gilesnan to walk in, the Daily Express reported.
Gilesnan, luckily, received only a mild shock but Malcolm then struck him over the head with a hammer, Cambridge Crown Court was told.
Their row about the TV bill had escalated after Malcolm mistakenly thought the lodger had used his computer.
Malcolm, of Royston town in Hertfordshire county, admitted causing grievous bodily harm before the court.
Prosecutor Rebecca Smith said the lodger was left with a three-inch cut to his head after the attack that was carried out April 28 this year.
- British police ex-staff faces jail for child porn - Jan 28, 2012
- Brit woman on trial for 'kicking three-inch stiletto heel' into boyfriend's eye socket - Aug 03, 2010
- 15 killed in Syria car bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- 14 soldiers killed in Yemen car bombing - Aug 18, 2012
- Eight soldiers die in Yemen car bombing - Jul 24, 2011
- Obama to visit victims of Batman movie shooting - Jul 22, 2012
- Obama to meet shooting victims in Colorado - Jul 23, 2012
- Syria releases 225 detainees - Sep 01, 2012
- 40 die in Damascus suicide bombings (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Oz tattooist charged with GBH for tattooing penis on friend's back - Nov 16, 2010
- 25 killed in Iraq truck bombing - Jul 03, 2012
- Six killed, 39 injured in Iraq car bombings - Aug 16, 2012
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- Tehran professor killed in blast - Jan 12, 2010
- 'Dr Death' Jayant Patel's lawyers lodge appeal in manslaughter case - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,