Man burns ex-wife, kid, father-in-law to death in BritainApril 21st, 2012 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
London, April 20 (IANS) A man in Britain killed his estranged wife, baby son and father-in-law by setting their house ablaze after being “encouraged and goaded” by his new girlfriend, a court heard. The family was asleep at the time of incident.
Iranian-born Danai Muhammadi, 24, allegedly started a fire at Melissa Crook’s family home in Chatham, Kent by squirting petrol through the letterbox, The Sun reported.
Muhammadi’s wife Melissa, 20, and 15-month-old son Noah died in the arson attack while her 49-year-old father Mark Crook suffered severe burns and died at the hospital.
The couple’s marriage had collapsed six months earlier. The man acted out of “spite, anger and resentment”, the Maidstone Crown Court heard.
However, Melissa’s mother Amanda, 49, and older brother Bohdan, 21, escaped.
The court heard that the petrol had been sprayed at the foot of the stairs — cutting off any escape route for the sleeping family at the three-bedroom property.
- Pregnant Pakistani woman killed by in-laws in Britain - Apr 25, 2012
- Heartbroken man kills wife, kids, father-in-law - Aug 13, 2012
- Katie Medley survives theatre shooting and then gives birth to a baby boy - Jul 24, 2012
- I could have used 'Gandhigiri': Saif - Feb 23, 2012
- Family robs gas station - of chocolates, cigarettes - May 16, 2011
- Man holds wife, in-laws hostage for not paying dowry - May 07, 2012
- SRK's Father-In-Law Hospitalized - Aug 17, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay to sue family members - Aug 09, 2011
- Kenny G files for divorce - Aug 14, 2012
- Chhattisgarh collector's in-laws spend sleepless nights - Apr 24, 2012
- Family jailed for life for killing three daughters - Jan 30, 2012
- Hafiz Saeed seeks Pakistan government aid in Mumbai case - Jan 13, 2011
- British parents held over six kids' death in blaze - May 30, 2012
- Delhi High Court comes to aid of in-laws - Jul 29, 2010
- Wife sets cheating hubby on fire - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: arson attack, baby son, bedroom property, britain london, chatham kent, crown court, danai, escape route, letterbox, man burns, mark crook, new girlfriend, petrol, resentment, severe burns, six months, son noah, spite, stairs, wife melissa