Man attempts to open plane’s doorSeptember 16th, 2011 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 16 (IANS) A holidayer has been arrested for trying to open the door of a plane at 36,000 feet since he felt he was on a flight simulator, Daily Express reported Friday.
When his friends tried to restrain him, the 22-year-old from Ashington town in northeast England shouted back: “It’s ok, we are just on a simulator.”
Other passengers had to help crew wrestle him into a seat after which he was tied up with seat belts. The incident occurred on a Thomson Airways flight from Palma city of Mallorca island to Newcastle Wednesday.
The flight was diverted to Gatwick airport. The man was arrested on suspicion of endangering an aircraft’s safety and bailed until Nov 8.
- Disruptive passenger tries to gain cockpit access aboard Gran Canaria-bound plane - Jan 26, 2010
- US airlines captain gives mid-air scare to passengers - Mar 28, 2012
- Family faces jail for brawl over mid-air birthday bash - Jun 11, 2011
- Nietzsche quote on terror alarm pamphlet - Dec 07, 2011
- Air Seychelles announces flights to Abu Dhabi - Feb 03, 2012
- American held after threat to stab pilot - Aug 23, 2011
- Pakistani held in Nepal for smuggling out falcons - Dec 07, 2010
- Four flights diverted from Delhi for technical reasons - Dec 23, 2011
- Five Chinese women deplaned after midair brawl - Jul 03, 2012
- Kazakh official's bid to hijack plane foiled - Apr 25, 2011
- Plane makes emergency landing in London - Apr 16, 2012
- Man arrested for allegedly groping British Airways flight attendant - May 04, 2011
- Weather Condition Worsens British Airways' Flight Status - Dec 21, 2010
- 3-year-old kicked off from flight for refusing to wear his seatbelt - May 31, 2012
- Drunk woman prevents plane landing - Aug 16, 2011