Malegaon blast suspect arrested from KanpurNovember 12th, 2008 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 12 (IANS) The Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) of the Uttar Pradesh police Wednesday arrested a man from Kanpur in connection with the Sep 29 Malegaon blast, officials said.Although senior police officials refused to comment, ATS sources said the name of the arrested person, identified as Dayanand Pandey, surfaced during the interrogation of those arrested earlier in this connection.
“The arrest was made from the Kakadev locality in the afternoon. According to our initial information, Pandey heads a Hindu group in Kashmir and was hiding in Kanpur after the blasts,” an ATS source said requesting anonymity.
Six people were killed in the low-intensity blast in the Maharashtra town of Malegaon late Sep 29 night.
A team of the Maharashtra ATS reached here Tuesday with vital clues about the alleged involvement of some Hindu leaders from Uttar Pradesh in the blast. Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police Vikram Singh assured all assistance to them.
- Key Malegaon blast suspect arrested from Kanpur (Lead) - Nov 12, 2008
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- ATS to bring Malegaon blast suspect Pandey to Mumbai - Nov 13, 2008
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragya's aide moves court against 'harassment' - Jan 12, 2011
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Did Malegaon blast suspect buy his holy title? - Nov 13, 2008
- Suspected ISI agent nabbed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 18, 2011
- CBI-ATS team explores Abhinav Bharat's role in Ajmer blast - Oct 23, 2009
- Malegaon blast accused not part of RSS: Ram Madhav - Feb 11, 2011
- Malegaon blast suspect Pandey visited Kashmir in 2003 - Nov 13, 2008
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- Court accepts plea by Sadhvi Pragya's aide - Jan 17, 2011
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011