Malaysian PM forms new cabinet committee for Indians welfareJune 27th, 2008 - 1:19 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, June 27 (ANI): Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has formed a new cabinet committee to look into the welfare of Indians.
He said the committee, chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak and Malaysian Indian Congress president S. Samy Vellu, would meet on Monday.
Among the issues to be discussed are the standard of living of the Indian community and ways to improve and upgrade their lifestyles.
At a press conference after chairing the Barisan Nasional supreme council meeting, Abdullah said the setting up of the committee was part of the Mid-Term Review of the ninth Malaysia Plan.
He said another committee would also be set up to look into the development of rural folk in Sabah and Sarawak, adding that representatives of BN component parties would be invited to sit on the committee. (ANI)
- Malaysian Indian Congress chief to be business envoy - Nov 22, 2010
- Malaysian Indian Congress to contest seats lost in 2008 poll - May 30, 2011
- Samy Vellu to promote infrastructure projects in India - Apr 08, 2011
- Ruling alliance wins in Malaysian assembly poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Malaysian Indian Congress chief 'under pressure to quit' - May 07, 2010
- Roundtable of Malaysian Indian parties mooted - Jul 12, 2010
- Two Malaysian Indian Congress leaders sacked - May 25, 2010
- No general election this year: Malaysian PM - Nov 11, 2011
- Malaysian Indian leader to seek more business ties in India - Jan 03, 2011
- Malaysian parties prepare for snap polls - Dec 15, 2010
- Malaysian Indian party readying for general election - Apr 01, 2011
- Malaysian PM opts for Indian party's nominee in by-poll - Apr 08, 2010
- Reach out to Indian community, Malaysian PM tells MIC - Sep 12, 2009
- Malaysian PM to discuss MIC leadership change plan with Samy Vellu - Sep 21, 2009
- Early parliamentary polls likely in Malaysia - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: abdullah ahmad badawi, barisan nasional, cabinet committee, congress president, deputy prime minister, indians, june 27, kuala lumpur, lifestyles, malaysian indian congress, malaysian prime minister, malaysian prime minister abdullah ahmad badawi, new cabinet, ninth malaysia plan, prime minister abdullah ahmad badawi, sabah, samy vellu, sarawak, supreme council, welfare