Malaysian man aghast after marrying ‘married’ Vietnamese mail order ‘bride’May 8th, 2010 - 4:02 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, May 8 (ANI): A store manager’s dream of marrying a young and beautiful Vietnamese bride was shattered when he found that the girl, recommended by an agent, was already married.
Tan Ching Seng, 30, and his family thought it was worthwhile to fork out RM17,000 for a matchmaking agency when he first saw the woman at the KL International Airport.
“I was excited and was looking forward to a happy marriage. I thought it was God’s gift that I was able to marry this attractive woman,” the Star Online quoted him as saying at a press conference organised by MCA Public Services and Complaints Department head Datuk Michael Chong.
“But I was shocked and didn’t know what to do when she told me that she had already been married in Vietnam in 2006,” he added.
And Tan only came to find out the reality after Nguyen Thi Vinh, 25 - Ah Hoong to Tan’s family - failed to come home on March 10 after returning to Vietnam when her grandmother died.
“When I managed to contact Ah Hoong a month later, she told me the shocking news. She claimed she had been cheated by the agent as she was supposed to come to work in Malaysia and not for marriage,” said Tan.
He added that it was only then that he realised why Ah Hoong always “gave excuses” and “looked sad” when he wanted to sleep with her.
He said Ah Hoong even sent him a copy of her wedding photograph and marriage certificate.
Tan said he now wanted the agents to refund him the fee, which he and his family had borrowed from relatives.
Chong said the department would help Tan take legal action against the agent. (ANI)
- Victims of Malaysian female 'Casanova' who conned 6 men tell-all - Aug 14, 2010
- Malaysian woman threatens to expose sex video of hubby's ex over money - May 24, 2010
- Malay woman raped, kept as sex slave by stepfather for 15 years - Apr 05, 2011
- Malaysian woman dubbed 'Casanova' for conning 6 men 'very pretty' - Aug 12, 2010
- Virtual friendship can cost you RM1.2mil - Jun 04, 2010
- 30-year-old Casanova 'dupes' 4 Malaysian women - Feb 23, 2011
- Hidden cameras in Malay hotel rooms used to blackmail patrons - Mar 17, 2011
- Negi maintain lead in Asian Chess - May 12, 2012
- Malaysian man gets extorted over lewd online 'lesson' - Apr 15, 2010
- Men 'reluctant to travel for love' - Nov 27, 2010
- Santa aids in a marriage proposal in Orange County - Dec 21, 2010
- Chinese parents play cupid on Valentine's Day eve - Feb 14, 2011
- Marriage trends among young are changing: Shaadi.com founder - Feb 24, 2011
- Vietnamese man to be freed soon from his 90-kilo tumor - Jan 05, 2012
- Male Virginity Test By Vietnam Acupuncturist Leads To The Freedom Of 3 Convicted Rapists - Jul 04, 2010
Tags: attractive woman, ching, complaints department, grandmother, happy marriage, kl international airport, kuala lumpur, mail order bride, malaysian man, marriage, marriage certificate, matchmaking agency, mca, michael chong, nguyen thi vinh, relatives, shocking news, sleep, vietnam, wedding photograph