Malaysian Indian Congress asks Minnal FM to unite nation’s Indian communityMay 19th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, May 19 (ANI): The Malaysian Indian Congress information chief M. Saravanan has asked the Minnal FM to play a more effective role in uniting the country’s Indian community.
The Deputy Federal Territories Minister also said that the radio station could play an important role in disseminating accurate and relevant information about Malaysian Government’s schemes for the Indians community, who otherwise feels neglected.
Minnal FM, formerly known as Radio 6, is Malaysia’s national Tamil radio station that comes under the Malaysian Ministry of Information.
It was the first 24-hour Tamil language broadcast service in the world. It serves as a source of information and entertainment not only to Indian Malaysians, but also to people of Indian origin worldwide as well as Tamil enthusiasts. (ANI)
- Malay Indian body demands more focus on community issues. - Feb 14, 2011
- More airtime for Tamil programmes on Malaysian radio, TV - Sep 10, 2010
- Malaysian Deputy PM heads for five-day visit to India - Mar 08, 2011
- Malay Indians advised to bring back golden sports era of 1960s-70s - Nov 04, 2009
- Facebook page to connect community radio stations and ministry - Jul 12, 2012
- Malay Indians call for banks to introduce Tamil in transactions - Jan 21, 2011
- Indian Malaysians all set to herald in New Year - Apr 11, 2011
- Malaysian Hindu temples urged to get registered for aid - Apr 18, 2011
- MIC urges Malay-Indians to be watchful of divisive parties - Sep 29, 2009
- Ethnic Indians not helping in probe, say Malaysian police - Aug 19, 2010
- Libraries mooted to educate Malaysian Indians - Mar 30, 2010
- Malaysian Government urged to appoint a Telugu senator - Mar 27, 2009
- Ethnic Indians not helping in probe, say Malaysian police (Superseding earlier story) - Aug 19, 2010
- Malaysian Hindus protest Obama's portrayal as Lord Shiva - Nov 24, 2010
- Malaysia to resolve ethnic Indians' citizenship issues - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: broadcast service, enthusiasts, federal territories, indian origin, indians, kuala lumpur, malaysian government, malaysian indian congress, malaysians, ministry of information, minnal fm, radio 6, radio station, saravanan, source of information, tamil radio