Malaysian Hindu temples urged to get registered for aidApril 18th, 2011 - 12:56 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Apr 18 (ANI): Hindu temples in Malaysia have been asked to register with the Malaysian Hindu Sangam (MHS) so that proper assistance can be given to them.
MHS President R.S. Mohan Shan said the register would also allow the organization to help those administrating temples in government-owned land to get land titles, The Star reports.
Mohan said 1,434 Hindu temples were in the register, which was created in 2009.
The registration exercise for Penang, Johor, Pahang and Perak would be completed by August.
Mohan said this after the launch of the temple registration website by Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Deputy Minister M. Saravanan. (ANI)
- Malay Indian temples should also promote community activities - Jul 27, 2010
- Malay Indians express outrage over sale of slippers bearing Hindu deity impressions - Feb 12, 2011
- Study on status of Hindu temples proposed in Malaysia - Nov 27, 2010
- Malaysia to resolve ethnic Indians' citizenship issues - Dec 31, 2010
- Nation wide 'Mydafter campaign' likely to help "stateless" Malay Indians. - Feb 14, 2011
- Malaysia to set up special counters to help Indians without documents - Jan 18, 2011
- NGO asks Malaysian Government to promote Hinduism - May 04, 2010
- Sex scandal-hit Indian swami's Kuala Lumpur Ashram won't be asked to be closed: MHS - Mar 10, 2010
- 'My Daftar' campaign for Malay Indians to be launched in Feb 2011 - Dec 30, 2010
- Indian-origin Malaysian minister denies sex scam charges - Aug 17, 2010
- Malaysian Deputy PM heads for five-day visit to India - Mar 08, 2011
- Ethnic Indians not helping in probe, say Malaysian police - Aug 19, 2010
- Ethnic Indians not helping in probe, say Malaysian police (Superseding earlier story) - Aug 19, 2010
- Libraries mooted to educate Malaysian Indians - Mar 30, 2010
- Promote growth of Hinduism, says Malaysian NGO - May 04, 2010
Tags: deputy minister, federal territories, hindu sangam, hindu temples in malaysia, johor, kuala lumpur, land titles, launch, mhs, mohan, pahang, penang, perak, proper assistance, registration exercise, registration website, shan, star reports, temples in malaysia, wellbeing