Malaysian girl dies during exorcism ritualAugust 7th, 2012 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 7 (IANS) A three-year-old Malaysian girl has died after seven members of her family allegedly suffocated her during an exorcism ritual, the Daily Mail reported.
The ritual took place at the home of the child’s parents in Bukit Mertajam town, 280 km from Kuala Lumpur.
Both parents, a grandmother, an uncle, two cousins of the victim and an Indonesian maid have been arrested, and investigators are treating the case as murder, Mail said Tuesday.
“Police believe the child died shortly before they arrived because the body was still warm and the cause of death was believed to be suffocation,” Azman Abd Lah, police chief of the Seberang Perai Tengah district, said.
- Malaysian Indian sisters set new endurance record - Dec 31, 2010
- Malay man with fetish for panties and bras nabbed by neighbours! - Sep 24, 2009
- Malaysia slaps 'no sexuality' rider for allowing Adam Lambert concert - Oct 12, 2010
- Traffic jam causes child's death in Pakistan - Jul 27, 2012
- Nine killed in Indonesian Air Force plane crash (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Malaysian girl tortured in exorcism ritual - Jul 21, 2010
- British child plunges to death from 13th floor in Singapore - Aug 07, 2011
- Cameron wants Pakistan to act on British family's murder - Aug 28, 2012
- Malaysian Indian Congress team to look for missing two-year-old - Jun 16, 2010
- William breaks tradition, picks Harry as 'best man' rather than 'supporter' - Feb 15, 2011
- Dining room blast kills five in China - Jan 23, 2012
- Parents held as toddler consumes cocaine - Sep 30, 2011
- Toxic gases kill four in Rajasthan well - Jun 17, 2012
- Girl,10, who gave birth, lived with partner in Romania - Nov 07, 2010
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011